Register now with NO UPFRONT COSTS for Spring 2021
Please read everything here, and scroll down to register
While there is currently alot of uncertainly about the Spring 2021 youth lacrosse season, the one thing we can be certain of is that it will not look like a normal season due to COVID-19. It is for that reason that we are asking for players to register now so we can plan for multiple potential outcomes, with no registration fees collected until we have a better idea of our plans. Possible outcomes for spring include but are not limited to:
- A modified but otherwise normal season (league play with local clubs, fewer number of games, potentially small-sided play (e.g. 7v7 on smaller field))
- A season that starts late or is truncated partway through the season due to COVID-19 outbreaks (league play)
- Non-league play with local clubs as opportunities arise (season shifted, ad-hoc scheduling and officiating)
- Practices and scrimmages primarily within the club (1-2 practices a week, coaches officiating)
- Skills-only clinics/camps similar to fall (1/week for 4-8 weeks, limited cohort sizes, no mixing of cohorts, restricted play)
There are a number of unknowns contributing to our planning scenarios:
- When the latest stay-at-home restrictions will be lifted, and when Alameda county will move to less restrictive tiers that would allow for non-socially distanced game play
- Whether the league (NCJLA) moves forward with a season. A go/no-go decision is expected by mid-February
- Whether we feel the positivity rates in the local community will allow us to safely return despite potential lifting of restrictions
- Whether we can secure fields for practices and games. LARPD is predicting tremendous demand as other sports have shifted their seasons into the spring and high schools are asking them for help with field space. We expect to know some more in late January
- Whether local clubs will be fielding any teams that we can play against. We are in regular contact with nearby clubs and others in our Central-West conference - all of which are in a similar situation to us and are worried about low turnout
- Whether we will have enough players to field a team in each age group, and whether there will be size limits (e.g. cohort sizes) placed on those teams
Your registration by 12/31/20 will determine how many teams we will register with the league (if we decide to register). Those who register after that date will be put on a waitlist. Your timely registration will ensure you a spot on any team that has enough players in whatever play format we move forward with.
We are doing are best to keep registration costs to a minimum this year while keeping the club financially stable. Registration fees will be collected once we have an idea of what our actual expenses will be, and some assurance of what sort of lacrosse experience we can provide to your players. Fees may be collected in multiple stages as the season unfolds. Those of you with credits from the Spring 2020 partial refunds will have those applied automatically at the time and will be notified as such. Failure to make payments if/when those fees are due could put you back on a waitlist.
Thank you again for your patience and understanding as we navigate return-to-play, and we look forward to seeing players back on the field in some form this spring.
Try to not create a new username and password if you already have one (i.e. you have registered here before). There is an option to reset your password if you have forgotten it.